What is Vaginal Infection?
Vaginal infections don’t always cause noticeable symptoms.
If you do develop symptoms, you’ll likely notice some of these common ones:
- vaginal itching and burning
- vaginal soreness and discomfort
- inflamed, flushed, or swollen skin around your vagina and vulva
- a change in the amount of vaginal discharge
- a change in the colour of vaginal discharge
- pain or burning during urination
- pain during penetrative vaginal sex
- vaginal bleeding or spotting
You might have just one or a few of the symptoms listed above. If your symptoms don’t go away within a few days, or if they get worse, it’s important to connect with a healthcare professional to get a diagnosis and treatment.