What is Uro-Gynecology?
Urogynaecology a specialized field of gynaecology and obstetrics that deals with female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery.
Problems dealt in this field are
- Urinary incontinence (leakage of urine without knowledge or pressure like cough/ sneeze/ laugh)
- Organ prolapses (uterus coming down through weak vagina)
- Overactive bladder (frequent and intense urge to urinate)
- Pelvic floor problems (loose or tight vagina)
These problems could be treated by:
- Behavioural therapy (pelvic floor muscle exercises and bladder diary)
- Reconstructive surgery